- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used thighs)
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 cups chopped Romaine lettuce (I used iceberg)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and diced
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (I used feta because I don’t eat mold…)
- 2 avocados, pitted and diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced (I used a different variety)
- 1/4 cup garlic vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (I used spring onions)
Garlic Herb Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard (optional)
- pinch of salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. dried Italian seasonings
- 1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
Cook the chicken in a pan over medium heat until cooked through. OR you can use leftover chicken! The chicken can be warm or cold. See how easy? Chop into bite sized pieces.
I really didn’t need to show you cooked bacon, but come on, it’s bacon! Proof positive that God loves us. Chop it.
Put all your chopped things in a big bowl.
RP Servings: the recipe says that the full recipe serves 4-6. I made about half, and I’d say that was 3
RATING: 4 stars as made
Obviously, a salad with these ingredients was going to be good! The feta was yummy with my lemon addition. You might not want the lemon if you’re using bleu cheese (I don’t eat bleu cheese, so I don’t know!). My only tweak other than the oil/vinegar/lemon is that I would use less garlic in the dressing next time. But that’s a personal preference and not really reflective of the recipe in general.