- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 cups fat free milk, divided (may sub 1%)
- ¾ cup diced onion
- ½ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-3 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Optional: 1-2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Optional: Fresh green onions or parsley
Peel and cut up your butternut squash, and put it in a microwave-safe tupperware. Since I'd never actually eaten butternut squash before I had never cut it up, so I took some pictures because I thought it looked interesting.
Stars: 2.5. It was... fine. It tasted like butternut squash and onions, and that was it. It would have been terrible as a main dish, but it worked ok as a side. It needed to be more complex for sure. I don't think I would make it again. Maybe there's a reason for the 2 sticks of butter and 4 cups of heavy cream!