Fish and Marinade:
- 4 tilapia fillets (about 4-5 ounces each) (I used swai)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from 1 large lime)
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
Coating and Cooking:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, honey, salt, pepper and garlic.
Stars: 1. Y'all, this was bad. Not just, "oh this isn't my favorite, but it's alright!" I mean, "thank goodness we have the ingredients for fish tacos to try and mask the flavor, because otherwise I would be unable to eat this. Please pass the jalapenos, I need to cover it up more." It tasted overwhelmingly like honey, and definitely not in a good way. Then the lime with the honey just made it really weird. Plus, the fish's texture was totally off, which makes sense, because marinading fish in lime juice for four hours is literally how you make ceviche. We ate it because it was dinner and we couldn't throw it away, but I absolutely will not be making it again.