- 1 (16 oz.) package ziti pasta
- 2 cups (16 oz.) ricotta cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided (you can add more if you want it extra cheesy)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 3 cups of spaghetti sauce
- Fresh basil leaves, finely chopped for garnishing
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
This recipe calls for you to make your own sauce, which I did not do since I didn't have the time. So either use your own jar, or you can find their sauce recipe in the original ingredients list.
Cook ziti noodles per the box's instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together 1 cup of ricotta cheese, ½ cup of mozzarella cheese, ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese along with an egg. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in about 1½ cups of cooked tomato sauce. Pour the pasta into the bowl with the cheese mixture and toss to coat.
Stars: 3. When I eventually make baked ziti again, I'm not going to use this recipe. Everything cooked together well and the texture was fine, but it was very, very bland. I even over-compensated and added seasoning to the mix since I used the jarred sauce instead of making my own, but even so- it was bland. And it makes a heck of a lot of food for it to be bland.