- 3 cups red enchilada sauce
- 16 corn tortillas, halved
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 6 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
- 4 cups (about 1.5 pounds) shredded cooked chicken (I used a lot more than is pictured above.)
- 3 cups shredded Monterrey Jack or Mexican blend cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup loosely-packed chopped fresh cilantro
- Container of sour cream
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray.
Pour about 3/4 cup enchilada sauce in the baking dish, and spread until the bottom of the dish is coated. Top with a layer of about 8 tortilla halves so that the entire dish is covered.
RP Servings: 8-10
Stars: 4, WITH THE TOPPINGS. This is very important. This recipe is seriously awesome- as long as you have all the avocado, cilantro, green onions, and sour cream that you could possibly want. Without those things, the recipe pretty much has one flavor and one texture. With them though... my husband, who confided after he ate dinner that he actually doesn't really like enchiladas, said that he really liked them.