- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (29 ounce) can kidney beans (with liquid)
- 1 (29 ounce) can pinto beans (with liquid)
- 1 cup diced onion (, 1 medium onion)
- 1⁄2 cup diced green chili pepper (, 2 chilies) ( used a jalapeno)
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery (, 1 stalk)
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped (I used canned petite diced tomatoes)
- 2 -3 teaspoons cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
NOTE: I made half. I didn't have pinto or kidney beans, so I used great northern and black. That's the great thing about chili - you can use what you have!
Brown the meat in a large pot. Add the other ingredients (don't drain the beans!) and bring to a simmer. Reduce to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 hours.
Serve with cheese or crackers if desired.
RP Servings: half was 5-6
RATING: 4 stars
It is REALLY close to Wendy's chili! If I'd had the same beans and chopped the veggies smaller, it would have been eve closer. My jalapeño was a bit spicy so there was more of a kick than Wendy's, but it was really delicious. I will DEFINITELY make this as my go-to chili recipe, especially since it's so easy.