- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 cucumbers, peeled or not – based on your preference, sliced
- 2-3 medium sized limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped cilantro (can also use parsley if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt to taste
RP Servings: 4-6
RATING: 4 stars
This was a little tart, but since every lime is going to be different, I think that's just the nature of the recipe. A little more olive oil fixed it. I'd also add pepper, and probably a bit more cilantro. Overall, though, it's a really refreshing side dish, even in the middle of winter!
A side note: My husband, who was a bit annoyed by this Pinterest experiment the other day, said, "Is this a Pinterest recipe?" With a little trepidation, I said, "Yep!" "He said, "It's pretty good! 4 stars!" So... whew!