- 1 large head of broccoli, florets only
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups of cooked long grain white rice (or 2 cups of uncooked long grain white rice)
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon of ground chilli flakes, optional
Make the rice according to package directions.
Cut the broccoli flowers from the stems and place in a food processor. Pulse until the broccoli resembles couscous (ie small!).
Heat the oil in a large skillet and cook the garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the rice and red pepper flakes, and mix as you cook, til it's all green. Adjust with salt and pepper.
NOTE: I did not add all the rice - I used about 2/3 of it.
I so wanted this to be good! I added chicken broth because it was dry and bland. Added more salt and pepper. Added more chicken broth. Blah. Just... Blah. IF I try it again, I'll do the following:
* MORE garlic, for sure. Couldn't taste it.
* Make half of this amount or less
* Cook the broccoli in the water for a bit, then cook the rice in the same water for more flavor
But... Yeah, I probably won't bother.