- 3 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups cooked and chilled rice
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3-4 Tbsp. soy sauce, or more to taste (I used tamari so it's gluten free)
- 2 tsp. oyster sauce (optional - I didn't use as it has gluten)
- 1/2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
RP Servings: About 6
RATING: 3 1/2 stars
What this is NOT is "restaurant-style". What it IS is fast and easy, and pretty tasty. My husband added some more soy ("real" soy, as he calls it), but it was fine for me. He had some chicken with it; for me it was enough protein. If you have some leftover rice, use the seasonings indicated and add whatever veggies and protein you have on hand for a quick, cheap, easy dinner.
You do want to use a BIG pan or do a smaller batch(es) because otherwise you'll just steam it and not get that "fried" drier taste. I don't know if I'd use a wok, because you wouldn't get so much of the browned bits.