- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds med raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on)
- 6-8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup + 1 T minced parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 lemon wedges (I didn't use)
Heat the olive oil. The recipe doesn't say how high - I did medium. Cook the shrimp until it's just pink. The recipe says to add the garlic, cook for 30 seconds, and remove it all with a slotted spoon to another plate. Because my husband isn't big on a ton of garlic flavor, I decided to remove the shrimp, leaving the liquid, and then cook the garlic with the sauce.
RATING: 2 1/2 stars
Meh. Boring. My husband didn't even eat them; he had leftover chicken and rice. (To be fair, he is a steamed shrimp and cocktail sauce guy. Our deal is that we alternate that with another way of cooking it, since I don't love them just steamed. But I thought it was meh too.) Skip this and go for the real scampi that Ryan made earlier this month. Scampi needs butter. It just does. The end.