- 1 - 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 14.5 oz can of seasoned diced tomatoes (I used basil/garlic/oregano)
- ¼ cup of white wine
- 1 package of frozen creamed spinach (thawed)
- ½ cup of parmesan cheese (I assumed grated)
- ½ cup of plain greek yogurt (I substituted heavy cream)
- pinch of nutmeg and pepper
RP Servings: If you like/need a fair amount of protein, 2-3. If you are more into rice, veggies and sauce, 3-4.
RATING: 3 1/2 stars
This can easily be a 4 star recipe. I wouldn't cook whole chicken breasts, because I think it would be awkward to eat. In fact, we both decided that we'd prefer thighs to breasts, as the breast meat was a little dry (even though it cooks in liquid). And I'd use more like 2 1/2 lb of protein for our tastes and protein needs. The only other thing I'd do (and my husband didn't care about this at all) is that I'd puree the tomatoes. I didn't really like the big chunks in there, although it doesn't bother me in things like tomato sauce.
This could easily be made in the spring and summer with fresh tomatoes, herbs and spinach, which would be even tastier, but obviously this is pretty easy and inexpensive to make and you could have all the stuff on hand in the freezer and pantry for a "oh crap I forgot to plan dinner" moment. Not that that ever happens........