**The 21 Day Fix servings are after each item if counted
- 1 cup of whole grain penne 2 yellow
- 6 large or jumbo shrimp, uncooked (fresh or thawed if frozen) 1 red
- Mrs. Dash seasoning, pinch (don't have)
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil (or olive oil) 1 teaspoon
- 5 asparagus, chopped 0.5 green
- Cherry tomatoes, halved 0.5 green
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of crumbled goat cheese 0.5 blue
- I'm using rice instead of pasta, because I'm heading out of town for a couple of days and GF pasta doesn't do well left over.
- For 21 Day Fix - measure the pasta UNCOOKED, but rice COOKED
- We both had a lot of green (veggie) containers left, so I am throwing spinach in this for extra yumminess!
I'm doing the order a little differently then the original. Add the oil to a pan and heat on medium. When hot, add the garlic and cook 30 seconds or so, until fragrant. Add the asparagus and cook about 3 min (depending on the size of the asparagus).
I pushed the asparagus to the edges and added the shrimp, cooking until just pink. Turn halfway through. Sprinkle with a very little sea salt, and pepper.
Add the spinach and tomatoes and cook until the spinach is wilted, about a minute.Squeeze lemon over everything and mix it up.
Serve over pasta (or rice!). Top with crumbled goat cheese.
RATING: 4 stars
The goat cheese makes this! It's good without it, but the goat cheese puts it into the "yum" category. There's not much sauce here, but the softened tomatoes and lemon juice help - and I think my addition of spinach also gave it some moisture. If you aren't doing 21 Day Fix, I'd add a little chicken broth. Also, we think it's probably better over rice since there's not much sauce... with pasta I think it would seem a bit dry.