So. I like tomato soup. And that's why I made this.
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with Basil, Garlic, and Oregano
- 1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth or 2 C water and 2 chicken bouillon's
- 2 Tbsp Gourmet Garden Basil (or ½ C fresh basil leaves)
- 1 (8oz) low-fat neufatchel cream cheese, cubed
- 1 Tbsp sugar or agave; sea salt and pepper to taste
*Note: I added an extra ~1/2 tsp of oregano and 1/2 tsp of basil because my canned tomatoes were plain and not basil/garlic/oregano.
In a blender or food processor add celery, onion, and garlic; pulse until small pieces or pureed.
Stars: So this was pretty good as it was, but we actually ended up going back and blending the whole thing, which turned out even better! (Bonus super-blurry picture at the bottom!) We gave it a 3.5 stars with partial blending, and 4 stars all blended!