- Spiralizer (found online)
- 4 large English cucumbers
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 large handfuls organic arugula
- 2 tablespoons Champagne or red wine vinegar (I used red wine vinegar)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (I used less than this - a few shakes)
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave
- 1 orange, juiced (I subbed 1/2 of a lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (I used 1 clove fresh garlic, pressed)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Spiralize the cukes into a bowl. I used 2 medium cukes from today's farmers market instead of English cucumbers - I made about 1/3 of the recipe overall, but all of the dressing. Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or in a jar with a lid. I don't love orange juice in stuff - growing up in the citrus business maybe? - so I just subbed in a half a small but juicy lemon.
Mix the cuke noodles, arugula, and tomatoes. Add the vinaigrette and toss. Serve.
RATING: 3.5 stars
We decided it would be better with some spring sweet onion or scallions, but otherwise it's a really nice, easy salad. When the summer tomatoes come in, it'll be really tasty - that alone would kick it up a half star, easily. The vinaigrette would be a nice addition to any kind of salad.