- 2 cups cauliflower, cut in bite size pieces
- 2 cups broccoli, cut in bite size
- ½ cups celery
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1½ cups cooked and chopped bacon (SEE NOTE!)
Dressing (SEE NOTE!!)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup chopped onion
NOTE: VERY IMPORTANT!!
1. I couldn’t believe how much dressing this called for! used a little less than 1/4 of this amount of dressing and it was a gracious plenty! Make 1/4 of it and save your ingredients for another day.
2. Look at the amount of bacon. Seriously?? I chopped up 1 piece of bacon and it was about 1 tbsp. that means that 1 1/2 c of bacon is 24 STRIPS of bacon. Okay seriously. I love bacon. But just no. I used 5 strips and it was plenty.
Stir your dressing ingredients together in a bowl. I added the onion with the veggies rather than the dressing, cutting the pieces larger than I would in a dressing. You can do it either way.
Combine your veggies in a large bowl.
RP Servings: 6-8
RATING: 3 stars
Couple things: hubby didn’t love the Parmesan. I could take it or leave it. I’d probably prefer less sweet and a little more savory to the dressing over all. We agreed that the peas would probably be weird, and that the celery didn’t add a thing (mostly it found its way to the bottom of the bowl). The bacon was the right amount – NO WAY do you want 5 times that much! (I mean, really??)
Bottom line for me is that I’ll probably just add cauliflower sometimes to my regular broccoli salad.