I’m not gonna lie… I’m kind of skeptical about this one from the get-go. But I drink protein shakes almost daily, and I usually make them exactly the same. Something to add to my rotation would be nice. So… we’ll see!
- 2 cups ice
- 3/4 cup milk (regular, almond, soy, etc)
- 1 cup cold coffee
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 scoop protein powder (we use whey protein isolate which has no flavor)
Add everything to a blender or bullet and process til smooth.
RP Servings: 1
Yeah, this was a mistake. Coffee and banana just don’t go together. I wish I had a photo of my husband’s face when he tasted it — priceless! I just couldn’t drink it. If you are determined to make it, here are my suggestions:
- Don’t add ice. It’s just watery and flavorless.
- Use a flavored protein powder, preferably a good chocolate one like Shakeology.
- Add more coffee. You can freeze coffee in ice cube trays so you can have more flavor and still a thick consistency.