- ⅓ cup soy sauce (or tamari if you’re gluten free)
- 2 tbsp white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp ginger grated [I used this pre-made ginger paste since I was in a hurry]
- 1 clove garlic minced [I crushed it, and used 3 cloves]
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp white pepper or black pepper
For the steak and vegetables:
- 1 lbs/450 grams beef steak sirloin, rib eye or tenderloin
- 1 zucchini sliced in rounds then halved
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 chestnut mushrooms sliced [I used 8 oz of baby bellas]
- parsley chopped
- sesame seeds toasted
NOTE: I have a Fagor, not an InstantPot, but they work the same. However, I didn’t check my ring and hadn’t used it since last year, so didn’t know the ring was faulty. So my recipe didn’t actually pressure cook as it should have. See notes below.
RP Servings: 4
This was surprisingly good, even without the pressure cooker tenderizing my sirloin. Ryan was here with the baby for dinner, and we all gave it a 4. I’ll definitely make it again!
The one thing we all could do without was the zucchini – it didn’t seem to go, flavor-wise, with the rest of the dish, and got too mushy. If you want to add zucchini, I’d suggest browning it in a hot pan while the rest of the dish is cooking. Mix it in with the thickened sauce.